So, there are all these great mountains surrounding Murcia. I barely even noticed them with the buildings in the way :-( A few of our friends told us about a path you could take up one of the mountains (it's actually probably more like a giant hill; is there an actual height requirement for something to be a mountain?) to see a big Jesus statue. We didn't have school Thursday because it was St. Thomas Aquinas day (he's the patron saint of students), so we decided to climb it. Thursday was our favorite day of this adventure so far, and what's really great is that I don't think I will need to be all that verbose in my description of it cuz we have pictures that get the point across much better...

So... that's the mountain from below. After we found the path we started climbing up and very soon got a beautiful view of the city.

Suddenly, there was a break in the stairs. They continued about eight feet over our heads. Tracy was the first to climb the rocks to get to them (we had been about to give up); Rachael and Chris followed. The other three of us stayed behind for various reasons. I for one am scared of climbing... trees, rocks... anything. But they went all the way to the top. Here are a few pictures from that part of the adventure.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario