The 25th was our last day of class before break! That night Tracy and I went to a youth orchestra concert across the city that our music teacher had given us tickets for. We got there a little late, but the first song they played was from Pirates of the Caribbean, which was pretty awesome. The concert was good, but what made it really cool is that for some of the later songs the musicians got up and danced while they played. They also did a lot of swaying and used some cool indigenous South American instruments. It looked like they were having so much fun :-)
So the travels were intense. Like camping. But everything worked out amazing well... except for this first bit...
In order to get to the airport in Alicante we took a bus from Murcia. Our friend Kathleen was on it, so that was unexpected and cool. Anyway we went through security at the airport and then waited to board the plane. But they wouldn't let us on cuz we hadn't gotten our boarding passes stamped... something about being from the US. They basically just said, "You can't pass. You need the stamp. You have ten minutes." So... I thought we weren't going to make it, but thankfully it's not a huge airport, and the lady was nice and still stamped the passes, and we were rude and cut in front of people at security, and I sprinted back to the gate, and we made it. We looked just like the idiots we were, but very thankful idiots. So you probably didn't want to know that, but I couldn't leave it out!
We survived Ryanair... the cheap airline, even though they kept trying to sell us stuff and there was not even water for free. Tracy got some really good pictures from the flight!

The Paris airport was about an hour from the city, so we had to take a bus in. We met up with the Newton's at the bus station and they took us to the hotel, which was very snazzy. And it had free coffee every morning!
Sunday morning we went to Palm Sunday mass at Notre Dame! We don't know any French... but we could sort of follow cuz everthing was written in the bulletin and we know the story. And they had one reading in English, which was cool. We got some lunch after that and then met up with Hannah! We ate ice cream with her and then she took us to the Eiffel tower.
Monday we went to the Louvre! We walked around it a lot... and we still didn't see everything. Every now and then I had to stop and look at something in detail. There is so much there. I didn't know Hammarabi's code was there. That was pretty sweet. We got some dinner after that, which involved delicious crepes!
Tuesday was Versailles. There were really long lines, which was unfortunate, but Tracy and I got in both there and at the Louvre for free because we are studying in Europe! We got audioguides at Versailles which were really interesting. Here's a picture of a really neat globe that was in one of the rooms: 
It was raining, so we didn't walk around the gardens very much. We were also really tired and hungry, so we went back into the city to get some food. Oh, one thing this trip taught us (besides the fact that you shouldn't drink too much coffee... even when it's free) is that the Metro is amazing. It's so simple, but it looks complicated, so it makes you feel smart :-)
Well... I really didn't write that much considering... maybe these details are of interest: there was a thunderstorm, I wrote some postcards, French people practically all speak English and it is really hard to tell if they are making fun of you or not, Tracy and I found some really good bread at the grocery store that we ate for breakfast every morning and we went through a whole jar of jam in four days...
Tracy is going to take over now and write about Madrid and Toledo, but I'll put in a few more pictures.

An eye for an eye.



Betty
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario